Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stop writing in the margins!

So here we are. I decided that I needed a new blog, and I decided that I don't really care for DreamWidth's setup, so it's back to Blogger. Blogger's kinda fun, really, with the options it has for tweaking design and such. I 'spects there will be tweaking to happen in the future as I attempt to settle in.

So, why here? Why now? Why this? What IS this?

I've had a personal blog on LiveJournal for nearly a decade. I love my LiveJournal, but with all of the issues it has been having, plus the fact that my blog in particular comes with a lot of baggage, I decided awhile ago that I'd like a change. I fully intend to keep my LJ for personal blogging -- you know, ranting about my life, good and bad, getting things off my chest as needed to keep me (relatively) sane.

This blog will not be that. I'd like for this blog to be about everything that ISN'T my personal life. It may include anything from movie or music reviews or musings, to professional or academic posts, to philosophical-type thoughts about Life, the Universe, and Everything. It's me observing and, well, taking notes in the Book of Life.

Here's a few disclaimers or warnings or whatever: 1) My writing style is super casual, sometimes a bit irreverent, and once in awhile peppered with those, what are they called? Those colorful metaphors. All of this comes of being a creative writer, I suppose, in that I feel I have poetic license to NOT write like an academic unless I am absolutely forced to. I am at home in my blogging voice, and I figure I'll continue to use it. 2) I may not post regularly at first, as I become accustomed to blogging on another source. 3) I will not tolerate trolls of any kind. Constructive criticism or intelligent argument are encouraged, when appropriate, but hateful or just plain stupid comments will be deleted. We don't feed trolls around here, so piss off.

Alrighty, so this is my introductory message so's I can get the ball rolling and get used to being a Blogger blogger. Feel free to send me suggestions for blog posts iffen you're so inclined (you can check out my profile for my main interests), or just to say hiya!




No comments:

Post a Comment